Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Red Suns Rising - The Start of Something New

Miniatures games, specifically Warhammer and Warhammer 40k have been a part of my life since childhood, when my older brother and I would ogle over the old space wolves and skaven codexes. At the time, the books had no proper binding, just a row of staples down the spine, only a handful of color images, and just enough fluff to send us into a flurry of plans and ideas. In time, my brother would bring home the Dark Angels Codex, mirrored later when I would buy the next version years after.

Despite the thrill of pouring over old white dwarf magazines and the various army and rule books, neither one of us ever made a proper army, and despite accumulating all manner of sprue and spare parts, I can probably count the number of models finished on one hand. But times are changing, and after years and years of planning, purchasing, dismantling, and sculpting, I will finally set myself to making a serious collection of models which I can be proud of.

This blog will start with two projects. The first, set in the Games Workshop fiction of the Horus Heresy, will be a record of the Unkindness at Istvaan, my XIX Legion (Raven Guard) force built in truescale. The second will be a smaller scale but equally time intensive project, inspired by video games like Destiny and Mass Effect, built in the style of the swelling inq28 community, following small warbands and gangs across the stars.

Both projects owe a great deal of inspiration to the fantastic community of miniatures hobbyists online, and where appropriate I will certainly direct readers to the work of more practiced hands.

Truescale photos will follow soon and the Enpellatine Compact will take shape directly after. Until then, thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment